Ekurhuleni Artisans & Skills Training Centre realised in 2006 already that there is a huge gap in the education system and that is where we are already making a difference and will continue to do so in the future. Our programmes are developed to equip the person with essential skills in a workshop environment over a short period of time. On completion of the course the trainee will be competent in a specific field and will be able to start working immediately, either as an employee of a large corporation or even as an entrepreneur, and as a result also providing jobs to other less fortunate individuals.
The vision of Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training Centre is to be the Skills training Centre of choice in South Africa and the continent.
Our mission is to empower people and contribute to the social up-liftment by presenting practical orientated skills courses, through superior training, in a market related need in Africa.
Teamwork | Innovation | Integrity | Reliability | Passion
Course content is tailor-made to suit:
- Artisans already employed in the industry, and wanting to improve their skills,
- Apprentices readying themselves to do their trade test,
- People that want to change careers,
- Individuals who had to withdraw from school but show an interest in and have the ability to work well with their hands,
- College and University students who need to gain practical experience,
- School leavers that want to specialise in a technical skill or trade; who have left school with no future plans in place yet. They now have the opportunity to evaluate all the trade options and choose the course and career prospects that appeals to them. A little entrepreneurial spirit combined with the right course will go a long way towards building a prosperous and successful private business.
- Employees who have been sent by their respective employers to improve on their skills. Courses are tailor-made to suit specific requirements of the employer’s wide range of needs through practical training courses.
The overall benefits of our project are countless:
- With an employable skill a person will be able to positively contribute to his/her community.
- Reduce unemployment and relieve poverty and the problems associated with this.
- Contribute to the reduction of crime.
- Reduce the shortage in skilled labour.
- Equipped with knowledge and practical skills to enter the labour force as qualified workers.
Our courses are affordable to place it within reach of lower income groups. Our ultimate goal is to restore the self esteem and self confidence of the unemployable or “school leavers” and provide them with the necessary skills to be financially independent and to provide for their families.
We equip the students with the essential skills in a workshop environment over a period of 15 days, or shorter, which means that the students will be competent to start work immediately after completing the course.
Our Students will be an asset to a company in the sense that they already have the necessary skills training to be productive from day one.
Our courses also offer B-BBEE benefits for companies.
Contact EASTC to enquire about our courses for both individuals and companies.